Indira Gandhi Super Thermal Power Plant, 3X500 MW
TRF Ltd has received an order of Rs. 305 Crore from M/s Aravali Power Company Pvt. Ltd for design, engineering, supply, erection and commissioning of complete coal handling plant on a turn-key basis to the Indira Gandhi Super Thermal Power Plant, Haryana. M/s Aravali Power Company Pvt. Ltd is a joint venture of NTPC Ltd, Haryana Power Generation Co. Ltd and Indraprastha Power Generation Co. Ltd.
The coal handling plant will run at a capacity of 2400 tonnes per hour. TRF’s work involves the setting up of a Conveying System and supplying the following major equipment with associated electrical, civil and structural system:
- Wagon Tipplers with Side Arm Chargers- 4 sets
- Motorized Travelling Trippers- 6 nos
- Apron Feeders- 4 sets
- Automatic Sampling system- 2 sets
- Reversible Stacker cum Reclaimer- 2 nos
- Passenger cum Goods elevators- 2 sets
- Crushers- 4 nos
- Utilities such as dust extraction, dust suppression and ventilation.
- Screens- 4 nos
This project will be one of the fast-track projects of NTPC with a completion period of 34 months. Power generated at this super thermal plant has been supplied to New Delhi, which required additional power supply, during hosting the Commonwealth Games in 2010.